Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time to Leave Biddeford





We made plans to meet our brother-in-law’s sister for lunch in Freeport on Friday. We had a lot of cleaning and packing to do before we left….so we got an early start with laundry and cleaning. Phil fixed the loose screen on the upstairs window of the house we were renting and repaired the sliding glass door I had been unable to lock the entire time I was there. He’s funny – loves to fix that stuff…….

We stuffed our car full of stuff…..I don’t know where it all came from……really! Lunch with Lee was delightful. Lee lives in Brunswick and also has a house on China Lake up near Augusta, Maine. She is a photographer and a maverick like me – I love her dearly.

We left Freeport and headed west on 302….over to New Hampshire. The trees were on fire with red and orange and yellow – every direction you looked the view was just magnificent. I didn’t take pictures of it….there was just no way to capture the beauty of the scenery. You just had to be there. Our day ended in Montpelier VT where there was no room at the inn….seriously. It was parent’s weekend at the college there and all the hotels were booked. We finally found a room at the “no tell motel”….thus the pictures you see on this post….it was a scary place (think Bates Motel)….Phil was so disgusted with it he put on his jammies and went to bed as soon as we got in. I had wine and Rolo’s for dinner….

The bed was one of those squeaky ones with creepy sheets…..it was a very long night for me with Mr. Wiggly wiggling there next to me all night long.

No comments: