Saturday, September 27, 2008

Clinton CT and MidlifeMark








MidlifeMark is my "internet boyfriend". We became friends writing limericks on the AOPA "red" board and Phil and I met him the last time we were in Maine. When he heard I was travelling to Maine by way of Connecticut, he invited me to spend the night with him and his wife at their home in Clinton. After leaving Middletown, NY, I headed their direction. Mark called me at about 1:00 and asked where I was. We made a plan to meet north of Clinton and I followed him to his airport, Goodspeed Airport, for a short flight in Lucky Dog, his old but VERY NICE 182. He's done a great job restoring his airplane...it's beautiful. Mark, I didn't take a picture of your airplane...if you send me one, though, I will post it here...

We took a short flight down the river and then down the Connecticut coastline of Long Island Sound...

After his spectacular landing - let me put it this way, there is NO pressure whatsoever for me when I give Mark his first bird dog ride ; )...we went to his house where his beautiful wife and I drank red wine and got to know one another. She was so kind not to make me sleep on the porch seeing as I was a woman her husband picked up on the internet. They were great folks and will be joining us this next weekend in Maine...

No comments: