Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Wedding Weekend



This post is for my mother. She will want to see pictures of Mike and Mena and the boys...and hear all about the wedding.

Friday night we went to the rehearsal dinner at a brew pub right on the water in downtown Jacksonville. Mena looked fabulous! Here are a few pictures....this is Mena with Jake and Molly, the groom and bride. And this is a better picture of Mena. Since Jake is in the Navy, Mena had a cake made in the shape of a submarine...his is the USS Georgia. This is a picture of the cake with Flippy and Jake and my flash in the mirror.

...the other pictures from the rehearsal dinner are of John and Frank Granatino with their cousin Katie Wiltrout...then of Mike and Mena when they were talking about Jake. Mike cried and Mena didn't. They're pretty proud of him. There is also a picture of Mena with Vince Granatino, their youngest who somehow is old enough to be a freshman in college. Amazing.

I remember the time Phil and I went up to dinner at Mike and Mena's and Vincent took two sticks of butter off of the counter and unwrapped it behind the sofa. My job was to scrape the fuzz off of the butter so we could use it for dinner...they were a wild bunch.

The rest of these pictures are from the wedding - Flippy and me and Mena and me...and my wedding shoes...so cute!!

1 comment:

Mena said...

Those are fabulous shoes! And imagine this, I didn't even notice them at the wedding. Friday night was one of those true life experiences - the first time as the mother of the groom- that ranks right up there with the top ten life experiences- the ones that will flash before my mind at the end. We couldn't be happier with the newest member of the Granatino clan.
Mena