Friday, September 19, 2008

On to Jacksonville


Woke up in Hattiesburg MS this morning at 5 a.m. with Phil poking me along to get me moving. He finally ended up asking me, "Are you ready??" just one too many times. Didn't really talk until we got to Mobile and I got a cup of McDonald's coffee....icky.

The trip across Florida is SOOOO BORING. Not even someone with my level of imagination can make it fun. I wish I would have gotten Sunshine's comment about Birmingham earlier....I don't know why I didn't think of that route myself. I would have LOVED to have met her.

We are now comfortably tucked away at the Hyatt Regency Riverfront in Jacksonville getting ready to attend the rehearsal dinner this evening. Have no clue what to wear.....brought too many choices.....need to always remember it doesn't really matter once you get there....

Looking forward to two days of visiting and catching up with old friends. Tomorrow I need to find new tires for my car. We thought they were okay....but they really aren't.

Anybody know what is up with the little black bugs that are swarming all over Florida today? Looks like they're mating. Got some pictures....my only pictures of the day are Phil doing what he does best in the car. For some reason I can't get them to load right now. Must be a "cookie" thing.....I'll try again later when I have more time.

First song on the iPod this a.m. - appropriately so - Under Pressure by Queen. Need I explain this one? But, like everything else in life....there's a good message in that song....you just have to pay attention.

'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And loves dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure

4 comments:

erinflint said...

Kim -

I went to a "back to homecoming" party last night at a friend's house who lives right behind Miege football field. I wore a Miege uniform! It was a blast. I'll show you pics when you get back.

Sounds like things are going well (as long as you don't kill Phil).

Kim said...

Send me a picture, I'll post it on my blog!!!!

Mena said...

Did they look like fireflies? In early summer, I have driven north in Florida and they are mating, but are so thick, they will block the windshield in about 20 miles. They weren't that far north though.
Mena

Mena said...

I forgot to say that they are called Love Bugs...kind of like you and Phil... right?